2019 was a year of rapid development for DTCC, and a year of expanding applications for SmartSolo.
* During 2019, SmartSolo seismic recording nodes were used on more than 30 production projects around the world with 12 of the jobs using more than 10,000 channels.
* Exploration projects covered many applications including oil and gas, coal, minerals, natural earthquake monitoring, safety monitoring, scientific research and other fields.
* The terrain on these projects included a variety of complex environments such as mountains, dense forests, arctic (North & South poles), desert, grassland, inner-city urban and many others.
1. 83,000 channels of SmartSolo were applied in Xinjiang
BGP used 83,000 channels of SmartSolo on the large-scale seismic exploration of Qiulitage. Facing complex terrain, hostile weather, and diverse challenges every day, SmartSolo successfully and repeatedly completed challenging seismic surveys in the “Exploration Forbidden Zone”.
2. Making mountain exploration possible with 40,000 SmartSolo in Xinjiang
40,000 channels of SmartSolo were used to successfully complete multiple 3D seismic exploration projects around Qiulitage led by BGP, solving the many problems of mountainous geophysical exploration, and becoming a national energy strategy accelerator.
3. Using 22,000 SmartSolo on seismic exploration projects in Argentina
More than 22,000 channels of SmartSolo were employed on a high-profile 3D seismic exploration project in Argentina. SmartSolo products have successively launched a series of large-scale exploration projects in South America.
4. The established operators of SmartSolo in Australia continue to complete 3D seismic exploration projects
In 2019, the “repeat customer” model has been fully launched and engaged by DTCC, with regular customers from Australia, Argentina, China, the United States, and other regions once again turning their attention to SmartSolo. In this new emerging era of seismic exploration, SmartSolo has risen to the challenge and become the go-to provider of cost-effective high-quality production and efficiency.
5. SmartSolo sets a new record in coal exploration
After winning a bid to provide 4,000 channels of SmartSolo to the coal industry in China, seismic production reached 1080 shots per day, a new record in this area of exploration, and a significant milestone and new application for SmartSolo entering this sector.
6. SmartSolo IGU-16HR 3C is selling well to facilitate scientific research worldwide
300 stations, 400 stations, 500 stations… SmartSolo three-component products are being used in a growing number of diverse areas that require intensive seismic data acquisition.
7. Chengdu urban underground space project
An urban underground space survey was carried out in Chengdu with 2,200 channels of SmartSolo deployed in the streets and alleys of the inner-city, and around the suburban avenues, lakes, parks, and assorted underground parking lots. Having won the bid to provide equipment for this 2D urban exploration, SmartSolo went on to prove that it was a very good choice for this type of project.
8. SmartSolo was applied to multi-area seismic exploration projects in the U.S.
In North America there were 6 Small to Medium-sized projects completed using at least 1,000 channels of SmartSolo in various terrains and environments during 2019. Outside of oil & gas exploration, the U.S. Geological Survey used SmartSolo to monitor aftershocks in California this year.
In 2020, SmartSolo will continue to improve on their strengths and further intensify efforts to realize quality low-cost high-density efficient seismic exploration.
The SmartSolo team wish you a Happy New Year!